has no bell-turret or bellcote. The three bells hang from a wooden
frame only a few feet high, standing on the ground N of the church.
The E window
is a completely different story. It is a
Venetian window with square Ionic pillars to outside and
inside, and it carries an inscription outside GULIELMUS BENSON &
HENRICUS HOARE F. A.D. 1723. The inscription repeats inside, with
the names reversed. ...
A very early specimen of the Venetian window in England.